Habonim Ultimate Gathering
Mark Kedem, a certified tour guide and former HDSA leader, will offer an authentic and creative three day Israel experience prior to the start of the Kaleidoscope and HUG programs. Join Mark on a fun filled, educational and exciting day trips to three different locations, experiencing the incredible sights, tastes and smells of Israel, all through a local lens.
TENTATIVE PROGRAM AND THERE ARE LIKELY TO STILL BE CHANGES
Meet at central point in Jerusalem at 8:00
Drive toward Jordan Valley to Jericho
· Qasr al-Yahud – the western section of the traditional site of the baptism of Jesus by John the Baptist on the Jordan River.
Stumbling block to long term regional peace – status and future of the Jordan Valley
· Meet with member of one of the Jordan Valley Settlements
· Meet with Israel security expert of the region
Drive north on Road 90
· Lunch at Rutenberg restaurant at the old Kibbutz Gesher
Rutenberg restaurant is situated on the northern edge of Emek Hamaayanot, on the banks of the Jordan River, next to the old Gesher conservation site. One of the most talked about restaurants today.
Drive northwards towards the Sea of Galilee
Overnight at Selina Kinneret
Golan Heights – Past, Present and Future
· Ein Keshatot (Umm-El-Kanatir) – 2nd Temple Jewish Settlement with beautiful reconstructed Synagogue
· Mt. Bental overview
· Meeting with Ilan Shulman and partners from Merom Hagolan and jeep tour of the border area with security presentation
· Lunch in a winery with wine tasting
Drive southwards via Emek Yizrael
· Possible program on Kibbutz Yizrael
Continue to Jerusalem and check-in Selina Yearim
Simon Sabag Montefiore said about Jerusalem:
Jerusalem is the house of the one God, the capital of two peoples, the temple of three religions and she is the only city to exist twice – in heaven and on earth: the peerless grace of the terrestrial is as nothing to the glories of the celestial.”
Let’s explore together some of the different aspects of this complex and divided city…..
· Rosh Chodesh Minyan at Western Wall
· Meeting with representative from Woman of the Wall (not final)
· Dual Narrative Tour of Old City (not final)
· Machane Yehuda
Transfer to Yearim for the beginning of the Mini – Kaleidoscope program
Price per person in 1/2 DBL room: US$ 1,541 Single Supplement: US$ 216 (+ VAT for Israelis) Prices valid at minimum 15 participants. (maximum 45)
For any questions contact Mark : email@example.com